I read an article a few years back that stated you should make your gardens reflect some of your favorite memories. This year I decided to do this with my flower beds.
Today we are leaving for the Crystal Springs Ranch Rodeo in Clear Lake South Dakota. This tradition started in my family when my dad was young his parents brought him to the rodeo. I remember, when I was very young, looking out the window and seeing a ranch with a pond and a little boy figuring fishing off a dock. Some years there was water in that pond, and some years it was dry. I hope to take a photo of that pond when we go by there today.
This flower bed brings me right to that place, and the excitement I felt knowing we were close to the Rodeo. I love going to the rodeo and it brings that same joy when I look at this bed. After I made this bed this spring, I asked my husband and my dad what it reminded them of. The both had the same answer, the ranch before you get to the rodeo.
Today we are leaving for the Crystal Springs Ranch Rodeo in Clear Lake South Dakota. This tradition started in my family when my dad was young his parents brought him to the rodeo. I remember, when I was very young, looking out the window and seeing a ranch with a pond and a little boy figuring fishing off a dock. Some years there was water in that pond, and some years it was dry. I hope to take a photo of that pond when we go by there today.
This flower bed brings me right to that place, and the excitement I felt knowing we were close to the Rodeo. I love going to the rodeo and it brings that same joy when I look at this bed. After I made this bed this spring, I asked my husband and my dad what it reminded them of. The both had the same answer, the ranch before you get to the rodeo.

No comments:
Post a Comment