Thursday, February 11, 2010

Cardinal


Can you see he has a seed in his beak?

I'm so excited that the female cardinal is back. She doesn't come to the feeder as much as the male cardinal. I am so happy to see both of them.

7 comments:

Marsha said...

They are so beautiful, I love how the red pops against the white snow! Lucky you :)

Ms. Bake-it said...

Beautiful! I am so glad you posted about this because as I mentioned previously, Cardinals are one of my favorite birds and since your last post about them I wondered if the female had come back.

Great pictures!

~ Tracy

Richard said...

Great pictures. Really like the last one. My female Cardinals won't come near the feeders if the male is there.

Darla said...

Those male cardinals really bring color to the winter !

Vivian said...

Seeing these beautiful birds makes me feel uilty for not feeding the birds this winter.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering the Valentine Table Runner giveaway.

donna said...

I like seeing different kinds of birds dining together at the feeder.

Your cardinal photos are outstanding.

donna

Corner Gardener Sue said...

Wow, look what I've been missing getting behind in blogging! Your photography is outstanding! I'm sorry you still have so much snow. I had to laugh about you being happy to see 30. We had been below freezing for over a month, and are now having highs in the lower 40s. We're happy about that, and I am thrilled that there are 2 days in a row we could see lower 50s. Bye bye snow! I hope yours melts in a reasonable time, too.