Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Hosta's of the Year

I have two new things to share with you. First thing: no more dial up internet. We finally got rid of our dial up internet and moved into the 21 century.

Second thing: this new bed. This bed used to be my native Minnesota bed. I really love the native plants of Minnesota. I just don’t like them all in the same bed. This new bed is the start of the” Hosta’s of the Year”. Last night I planted the 2008 Hosta “Blue Mouse Ears”, 2004 Hosta “Sum and Substance”, 1999 Hosta “Pauls Glory”, 1998 Hosta “Fragrant Bouquet”, and the 1996 Hosta “So Sweet”. I will add the other "Hosta’s of the Year" when I find them.

The bird house stand was made by my dad 4 years ago. It was a Christmas present. That year our family had to give recycled gifts. The license plate is was found in a shed at my grandparents farm before they sold it. The date on the plate is the year I was born. My uncle, Dave, gave it to me, and my dad added it into the design.

This bed is a work in progress. I will be adding stepping stones and will build it out when I get more hosta’s. It is the start to a project I had wanted to do for a long time. I am excited to start collecting these hosta’s.

2 comments:

NatureStop said...

This looks cool.Love the feeders and the license plate.

Shantana

Corner Gardener Sue said...

What a fun idea! I want to add a few more hostas next year. I'll have to see if I can find some "of the year".