It is monarch migration time and they just love the zinnia. That is a good thing because I have a ton of zinnias blooming right now.
My friend Marsha, at Marsha's Garden, has some amazing photos of the Monarch migration. You can check those photos out here.
One thing about Monarchs, they don't care what the flowers looks like. They like to land on the flowers that should have been deadheaded.
Today is Bloomin' Tuesday! Please check out the others, thanks to Jean at MsGreen "thumb".





15 comments:
That is so true about them liking the spent blooms. :) Beautiful pics today!
I too have many zinnias and love them all. Monarchs are a favorite as well. I follow Marsha and those migration photos are just outstanding.
Really great photos!
I love your monarch photos. I have a bunch of zinnias and yes, monarchs. But, I can't get a monarch to hold still enough to get a photo. I keep trying.
Fantastic monarch photography! Aren't they lovely? I also love your flower garden (and your sewing projects).
What gorgeous shots Bonnie! The Monarch looks so beautiful against the orange zinnia.
Awesome photos.
If you do not mind I would love to have some seeds from zinnias, in that orange color I only have them in pink.
Maria Berg, Sweden
Awesome pictures. Love the Monarch on the orange zinnia. Thanks for the link. Unbelievable! Jean
Great pictures! we love to take pictures like this.
Such a perfect combination for photos! Lovely!!
Stunning, stunning, stunning.
Great pics.
There was something about the color combination with those zinnias. Vividly stunning come to mind. Thanks Bonnie
I just love the monarch on the orange zinnia in the first photo - I too love the "same" color combination.
When you notice lots of monarchs around take a walk and look on the trees on the opposite side of the wind. I've spotted them on all kinds of trees but they do enjoy my evergreens the most - probably from all the wind we have been having lately.
The Monarch on your orange zinnia is crazy wonderful. Luv it. They've been fluttering around here, too -- landing on any flower available.
I've been missing your blog.
donna
Post a Comment