My girlfriends and I made these cute mini leaf birdbaths when we were on our camping trip.
We did not have a place to bake them, so I purchased this air dry craft porcelain at Jo-Anns.
First, we molded them to the shape we wanted.
Next, we used a leaf imprint to get the impression of the leaf.
Then, we used a plastic knife to outline the imprint.
We finished by painting them with exterior paint.
This was such a fun project, and would be a great project for kids.
Today is Fertilizer Fridays/Flaunt your Flower. Thanks to Tootsie Time. You can check out the others here.
Check out the The Fairy Garden CONTEST - 2012 here. There are over 75 great wee wittle gardens!








6 comments:
Great idea!
Oh I love this idea...even better because it seems quite simple for a non crafter like me. Also, they seem great for butterflies also if they were placed up a bit higher..and a tiny pebble put in them for them to perch...butterflies love that.
Oh how cute! Good to do with my grandchildren, maybe Mother's Day next year or a birthday gift!
Bonnie: My first time to your blog, and I think this project is so cute! Now I want to try it, too. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Hi Bonnie, Love your little miniatures. Your leaf is great. Your stargazers are really pretty too.
Those are so sweet! I scrolled down and saw the other things you've been up to. Your shed and the items around it look awesome!
What cold heartiness zone are you in? I had to take down my blog roll, and have started a couple new ones, based on zones.
Post a Comment