Monday, April 5, 2010

First Bloom this Spring

This is my first bloom of the season. I am so excited! This plant has many common names. I call it "Johnny Jump Ups". These plants were in my mom's garden when I was young. I love them. I would pick them,bring them into the house, and my mom would put them in a vase.

They are also called: Heartsease, Wild Pansy, Love-In-Idleness, Call-Me-To-You, Pinkeney John. They are in the Viloa family.

The flower meaning is Happy Thoughts. I think that is a perfect name. They have always gave me happy thoughts.

4 comments:

Lona said...

Hi Bonnie. Those first blooms of spring always excite us LOL! This year they seem even more welcome.

Tootsie said...

this is exciting! thanks for linking in to my party this weekend...I am sorry it took so long to get over and see you!

donna said...

I didn't realize the little Johnny Jump Ups had so many different names. The photo is great. I'll be sure to think happy thoughts when I see one.

donna

Corner Gardener Sue said...

I love that bloom! There are so many violas around now that don't come back each year. It's great to have the kind that do.