I am going with Sherrie. I can only see a bit of foliage but it looks like marigold leaves to me. I'll bet if you crushed the leaves and smelled them you could tell if they were marigolds. Don't really know though. Whatever they are, you have made a lovely mosaic out of them.
Well you are just about the luckiest gardener ever -- the volunteers in MY garden don't look anything like this! These are gorgeous.
I would say Marigold from what I can see of the foliage, but honestly they look more zinnia-like. Does the foliage smell like marigolds? Do you have an extension office you can ask? I'm curious! And I want YOUR weeds!! Cass
My inexpert guess says zinnia. The layered stiff looking petals does it for me. Maybe I'm prejudiced but they are one of the few types of flowers immune to the adult corn rootworm bettles that swarm over my flowers in August!
15 comments:
Hi!
Great Mosaic! Very colorful. They kind of look like Marigolds. But I'm not real sure about that. Have a great day!
Sherrie
Beautiful blooms and mosaic.
I don't know the name
DOn't know their name, but they are sweet flowers!
Looks a kind of zinnia. Lovely hues.
Have a nice week.
The flowers are so pretty....they make a beautiful mosaic!
I agree with Helene...so sort of zinnia. Regardless, it's beautiful! Lovely mosaic!
I believe you have a type of daisy here...very pretty!
Hi Bonnie
I am going with Sherrie. I can only see a bit of foliage but it looks like marigold leaves to me. I'll bet if you crushed the leaves and smelled them you could tell if they were marigolds. Don't really know though. Whatever they are, you have made a lovely mosaic out of them.
Well you are just about the luckiest gardener ever -- the volunteers in MY garden don't look anything like this! These are gorgeous.
I would say Marigold from what I can see of the foliage, but honestly they look more zinnia-like. Does the foliage smell like marigolds? Do you have an extension office you can ask? I'm curious! And I want YOUR weeds!!
Cass
It seems to resemble both a marigold and a zinnia, but I honestly don't think it's either one. Good luck with it - hope you find out!
Makes a lovely mosaic, regardless of what it is!
could it be a false sunflower?
Gorgeous flowers! I have never seen this type before.
My inexpert guess says zinnia. The layered stiff looking petals does it for me. Maybe I'm prejudiced but they are one of the few types of flowers immune to the adult corn rootworm bettles that swarm over my flowers in August!
Could it be painted daisy?
Wow, whatever they are, they're beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing at Mosaic Monday. :)
Post a Comment