Thursday, August 20, 2009

Winning arrangements

This was the grand champion arrangement for the Renville County Fair. It also won champion contemporary arrangement.

This was the champion miniature arrangement. The category for this arrangement was called "Egypt".

This was the champion arrangement winner. The category for this arrangement was called "Switzerland", a vertical arrangement.


I just love the ladies that work in the floriculture department at the Renville County Fair. Their arrangements are the best. I "try" to compete with them. I enter arrangements every year with the hopes of someday getting on the champion table. Every year I get a little better, but I have a long ways to go. This mosaic is my arrangements.


The first arrangement with red and white was for "Canada" arrangement with white and red. This one I received 1st place. I was so excited. This was my first 1st place arrangement. The one next to it was called "Africa- Sahara Desert" dried arrangement using dried MN grown materials. It also won 1st. I was surprised and even more excited.


The second row is my miniature arrangements. The first one is "Netherlands" it placed second. The second one is Iceland. The third one was "Egypt'. These 2 didn't place.


The third row first one is "Switzerland', vertical arrangement. The last one is "India", all white arrangement with candle. These didn't place.

This is alway a lot of fun, and I learn so much every year.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Congratulations, Bonnie on all the first place and second place ribbons. Great arrangements. Kathy