Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Cardinal


I haven't seen the female cardinal the last couple days. Hope she is ok.

Today is Outdoor Wednesday. Please check out the others here. Thanks to our host Susan at a Southern Daydreamer.

11 comments:

Light and Voices said...

Yes, where can his mate be.
Joyce M

donna said...

It's gotten colder. Maybe she's smarter than he is and she's staying where it's warmer.

These photos are so pretty that you should use them for your Christmas card next year.

donna

PS: I'm still depressed about last Sunday.

LV said...

I love that bird. Truly enjoyed your great photos of it. Made a very nice post for today.

Marsha said...

I hope she comes back so they can nest and the youngsters migrate west so I can have a pair too! It must be so FUN to look outside and see the bright red of the cardinal against all the snow and gray of winter.

Americana Lady said...

I too love cardinals and they are the state bird of Virginia! Joan
Please come visit my blog for garden plates giveaway! http://dizminnie.blogspot.com/2010/01/first-giveaway.html

B : ) said...

what wonderful pictures. Perhaps the lady is nesting?

Why don't you come on over to my blog and visit a while

Kathy said...

How beautiful! Sorry to be late in visiting you for Outdoor Wednesday. Have a great weekend...Kathy

troutbirder said...

Love those cardinals. Given the cold today that luau idea sounds pretty good. Maybe I can talk Mrs. T into it. :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely shots of the male. I usually see males much more frequently than females and I haven't seen either for a couple of weeks. I guess they found a better fast food place. LOL

Self Sagacity said...

Pretty pictures of the cardinal. How did you ever captures these so vividly?

Corner Gardener Sue said...

I love your collage, Bonnie! I hope your female turns up.