Friday, January 15, 2010



Today is Fertilizer Fridays/Flaunt Your Flowers by our host Tootsie Time. I love her blog. You can check it out here. Because I am in zone 4 my flower beds are under a quilt of snow.

We have been experiencing hoar frost or radiation frost. It has been very beautiful. To learn more about this check it out here.

13 comments:

donna said...

The hoar frost beauty continues. Luv the little shed with the wreath hanging on it.

Hope your boyfriend is up to the task this weekend:) My fingers are crossed.

donna

Sonia said...

Your winterland is beautiful..but if you are anything like I am you miss green grass and your flower border. It is pretty to have the snow blanket everything...but I want it to be gone after a few days! Here's to Spring!! Happy FF. Miss Bloomers/Sonia

Becca's Dirt said...

You must be ready for some warmer weather. The photos of the snow are beautiful but I bet you are ready for it to be gone. I am so ready to get into the dirt and play.

kclily said...

Beautiful pictures of the snow. I bet it was a little nippy taking these pictures.

Darla said...

Stunning photos...

Teresa said...

I had never heard of hoar frost. It is very interesting but even more beautiful!

deb said...

Gorgeous photos!
*hugs*deb

Anonymous said...

Ooooooh your snowy pictures are beautiful.

Maureen said...

As pretty as it looks, by January I prefer to see color than white. Come on Spring!

Rosie Nixon Fluerty said...

We get a hoar frost sometimes in Scotland. I love looking at it but not walking in it. Your pictures of the snow are beautiful. Mine thankfully is melting today.

i beati said...

magic land sandy

Corner Gardener Sue said...

Hi Bonnie,
Wow, that is beautiful! I imagine you will be glad when it all melts. Thanks for the link to the information about frost. That was interesting.

Tootsie said...

I love hoar frost!!! we had a few days of that here lately..someone told me it signals that COLD ugly weather is coming! I sure hope they are wrong!
isn't it beautiful?
thanks for joining in this week with me!