Sunday, January 17, 2010

Frosted Friends


























I had no idea that Nuthatches liked the peanuts. Today is Mosaic Monday. Please check out the other Mosaic Mondays here, thanks to Mary at Little Red house.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bonnie! What beautiful pictures of our little fine featured friends. Lovely mosaic.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

From the Old InkWell said...

Bonnie, such beautiful shots of your frosted friends. You've got a good variety of those feathered friends.

Foley said...

Great Photos! I'm finding lots of different birds like the peanuts!!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Great photos of the birds. Once I was able to make my peanuts in the shell feeder squirrel proof, the nuthatches have been at it as much as the blue jays.
Nice blog, I'll be back to visit.

eileeninmd said...

Love your feathered friends. Wonderful birdie mosaic.

donna said...

The peanut is almost as big as the little nuthatch. If I remember correctly, there are white-breasted and red-breasted nuthatches. Does that sound right? I also remember that they walked up and down the tree trunks.

I have one small bird feeder out and only once this winter did birds visit. It's filled with shelled/cracked sunflower seed hearts.

Boy, was I surprised to read that you visited the GB Botanical Garden in 1992. I think it was barely started back then.

Your boyfriend did really well yesterday. Guess you'll let him hang around for another week. Win or lose, he makes you smile, doesn't he?

donna

Tes said...

Oh wow, you take very good photos, Bonnie! I can see the fine details on the Nuthatches. You have caught him in action. :) Lovely mosaic!

Marsha said...

What beautiful mosaics of your frosty friends! How cute the nuthatches found your peanuts - the ones here eat my shelled ones from the wire feeder but I have never seen them try for one in the shell.

Beautiful frost again this am!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Beautiful birds. I am now a follower of your blog.

My Outdoor shots