Tuesday, May 18, 2010

First trip to the greenhouse this season.

First trip to the greenhouse. My girlfriend and I went to my favorite greenhouse, Thomsens Greenhouse in St. Joseph MN.  You can check out there website here.  We had so much fun.

You can see the car was loaded!

This is a scented geranium.  We didn't purchase it, but I might have to go back and buy one.  It smelled so good and the flower is gorgeous.

There grounds were amazing.  It was a bright sunny day, and the photos are not the best.  The weather here has been amazing. Beautiful sun filled days!

Today is Blooming Tuesday.  Please check out the many wonderful blogs here.  Thanks to Jean at MsGreen thumb.

13 comments:

Lona said...

Now that is what I would call a very good day. A loaded car full of flowers ;-)

Suzanne said...

Seriously, a scented geranium? I definitely have to find a few of those this season. It's been too cold here to plant my annuals. I think this is the week, however!

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Love seeing a carload of plants for the garden. The hope. The promise. My trunk looks like that when I make my big plant shopping trip.

Sarah Knight said...

Awesome! Good luck with the plants!
I just bought a butterfly bush yesterday & planted it
: )

Katie Olthoff said...

How fun to bring home that many plants!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you a carload of great plants! How fun. :)

Marsha said...

My favorite greenhouse too and we went last week - I see you bought plenty of lisanthus as well :) Great haul!

Becca's Dirt said...

Gorgeous geranium and yes you must go back and get it. Looks like you picked up a bunch of goodies. Can't wait to see what you bought and the blooms.

Carol at Serendipity said...

I love scented geraniums. I love geraniums period! Lots of beautiful plants.

Carol

kesslerdee said...

Love your pictures of your nursery trip- no better way to spend a day then planting and planning to plant!

Jean said...

You sure have your work cut out for awhile! My car just automatically stops at greenhouses! Great haul! Looking forward to seeing what you do with it all. Jean

Paula said...

This is one of my favorite days of the year! To go and get my new plants - I haven't done it yet - maybe next week - still waiting for the weather to even out here.
Thanks so much for sharing, Paula from Idaho

Anonymous said...

Now that looks like so much fun. I wish I could have joined you. Something comes over me when I go to the nurseries. I see it and gotta have it. Can't wait to see it all planted.